Procurement Manager – Medequip – West Drayton
Medequip Assistive Technology Ltd is a dynamic and fast growing company with a turnover of £160m. Through a network of 18 depots and over 750 people located across the UK we work with the NHS, Local Authorities and social care organisations to supply and deliver independent living solutions.
Reporting to the Procurement Director the role is to manage the relationship between Medequip and its suppliers managing the £50m spend on medical equipment. In addition you will be involved in managing key strategic projects including scrap, warranty, spare parts, repairs and supplier performance measurement.
- Ideally a graduate with CIPS
- Strong negotiator with excellent systems and data knowledge to manage supplier spend and cost pricing
- Has the procurement functional/technical knowledge and skills to perform the role at a high level
- Uses logic and proven methodology to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; can see hidden problems; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at first answers
- Relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even difficult situations
- Can be counted on to achieve or exceed KPIs/objectives; consistently a top performer; steadfastly pushes self and others
- Negotiate supply and service level agreements with suppliers
- Product Pricing Management: Establish the correct pricing of items procured and ensure that this is reflected in the systems of the business. Identify where incorrect pricing or changes to current pricing occurs and action. Analyse the merchandiser and invoicing reports to identify errors or issues, and either take necessary corrective action or notify the relevant person to take corrective measures.
- Supplier Assessment: Support the process of supplier assessment including with provision of qualitative and quantitative information on supply performance.
- Contract Liaison: In partnership with others, identify opportunities to improve the product offering to those contracts assigned, both through beneficial pricing and/or functionality and performance. Organise, attend and support equipment assessment and selection with assigned contracts.
- Manage key strategic projects such as scrapping, spare parts and repairs, warranties, supplier performance measurement and supplier consolidation
- Travel and overnight stays are required in this role
- Competitive salary
- Eyecare vouchers
- Holiday 25 days + bank holidays
- Pension scheme
Any CVs or questions to be sent to Georgia at firstname.lastname@example.org